Gippsland woman found dead at Traralgon home


Alan & Rosemary Gibson Photo Credit: 7News Melbourne

Homicide squad detectives have charged a 65 year old man with murder of Traralgon resident Rosemary Gibson following the discovery of her body on the 14th of April.  

Another Traralgon resident has been charged with one count of murder and faced the Morwell Magistrates Court yesterday.

He is to be remanded in custody until the 1st of September.

Police and other emergency services were called to the Airfield Road house just after 8am where Rosemary Gibson was located deceased.

Homicide detectives and forensic police thoroughly searched the Airfield Road property where they found her husband Alan in a critical condition with extensive injuries.

Local authorities say one of Mr and Mrs Gibson’s teenage grandsons, who currently lives with them, was home at the time of Rosemary’s murder and is said to be the “missing link.” 

Mr and Mrs Gibson have been “loving carers” for their daughter Di Siacci’s two sons for 13 years.

Di Siacci is currently estranged from her family and resides in Queensland.

Locals describe Alan and Rosemary Gibson as a “well respected couple” and good neighbours.

Neighbours Robert Slade and Karen Wade said they heard no unusual noises or signs of a disturbance.

The married couple, who live across the road, say they thought something was amiss when they saw multiple ambulances outside the couple’s property.

They initially thought a family member was ill.

“It’s a shock … it’s out of the blue”, Mr Slade said.

“They’re loving, good people.”

Mr Gibson usually goes for a morning stroll about 7.30am on weekdays but was not seen on his walk Thursday morning.

Neighbours said Mr Gibson often stopped to chat during his walks or would offer handyman advice.

Mrs Gibson had been a dedicated and friendly neighbour who would drive local kids to school if they had missed the bus.

“She’s jovial”, neighbour Karen Wade said.

“She’s was a fun-loving and nurturing person.”

Mr Gibson retired two years ago after working as a builder and was respected for his work with the Rotary Club.

The Gibsons’ had lived at the Airfield Rd home for more than 20 years and have children and grandchildren living nearby and interstate.

Mr Gibson is currently at The Alfred hospital under police guard.

It is currently unknown as to whether or not he has been questioned by police.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s